Thursday, December 1, 2011

And yet another GREAT review on Corkcicle

Wine Down Eugene
– Julia Crowley, EDN

Now that Thanksgiving is over and Christmas is right around the corner, our mail boxes will be stuffed full of national magazines advertising their most popular products.

From Pottery Barn to Toys R US, we’ll be inundated with the must-have products of 2011. While most people will give these magazines a quick scan then toss them into the recycle bin, I will be searching for the latest and greatest wine accessories.
Each year, I look forward to what I call “magazine mayhem.” Wine Spectator, Wine Enthusiast, True Fabrications, Food and Wine Magazine, Oenophilia and Rhino Wine Gear are just a few of the many wine magazines that I’ve already received. I’ve already discovered some new, ingenious, state-of-the-art products that I know will be on my list to Santa, in addition to being on the list of gifts to give to my wine aficionado friends.

Another product I came across that really caught my attention is the Corkcicle. It may look like your bottle of wine is freezing from the inside out, but this icicle lookalike wine chiller that’s attached to an actual cork, will keep your white or red wine chilled to the perfect temperature, –or so they say. I haven’t used one yet, but believe me, this is one wine product I know will be under my Christmas tree this year. At $24.95 a piece, it’s going to be a unique gift for friends, too. To watch a video on how the Corkcicle works, click here.

To view the entire article - please click on the link below
http://eugenedailynews.com/2011/11/30/wine-down-eugene-34/